With the volatility and high price of gold, failing to detect just a small variation in composition can be an expensive mistake. The Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer provides a fast, accurate, and most importantly, nondestructive method to test the purity and chemistry of all precious metals.
The Niton XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer delivers accurate analysis in just seconds in an easy-to-use, robust and reliable package. Measure the content of all gold and precious metals with no need to manually change your calibration based on the metal you’re analyzing—e.g., gold (Au), silver (Ag), platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd).
- Easier, faster and more accurate than nitric acid test methods.
- Faster, more comprehensive analysis than fire assay with comparable accuracy.
- Efficiently identify most gold-plated items with Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ gold-plating detection technology.
- Precisely determine the presence and concentration of other trace alloying elements and dangerous heavy elements, which could impact valuation and future refining needs.
- Standard analytical range: >25 elements from S to U (varies by application).
- Point and shoot simplicity—very easy to use even by nontechnical personnel.
- Ideally suited for retail environments.
- Nondestructive analysis with near-instantaneous results.
- Ergonomic design.
Standard Elemental Suite:
Ti Cr Mn Fe Co Ni Cu Zn Ga Ge Ru Rh Pd Ag Cd In Sn Ir Pt Au Pb W
With the value leading Niton XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyzer, you don’t have to sacrifice performance to get a lightweight, rugged, handheld analyzer perfectly matched for most testing applications.
Niton XL2 Precious Metal Analyzer.pdf
Niton Precious Metals Brochure.pdf
Portable XRF vs. Fire Assay.pdf