The Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL3t 955 Ultra Mining Analyzer provides rapid sample analysis in the field so that you can quickly find where deposits are and which ones will prove the most productive. This high-functioning tool offers the superior light element detection required for gas shale applications without helium purge or vacuum.
The Niton XL3t 955 Ultra Mining Analyzer is ideal for specific applications where faster analysis and lower detection limits are needed. The Ultra advantage is a 45mm2 Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) that delivers vast improvements in sensitivity and measurement times– as much as 10-times faster than conventional Si-PIN detectors, and up to 3-times more precise than conventional silicon drift detectors. With its faster analysis, higher precision, and the ability to measure light elements without helium or vacuum assistance, it is the ideal instrument for the following applications:
Oil and Gas Exploration
- Upstream exploration and production
- Rapid, on-site chemical analysis of rocks, cuttings, and cores that can be used for identifying formations and determining mineral composition of the rock
- Inferring mineralogical properties favorable to oil and gas production from data collected in real-time
- Early stage exploration: soil survey and outcrop evaluation
- Advanced exploration and drilling: trend analysis to identify decreasing or increasing pattern of elements of interest to make “continue” or “stop” drilling decisions onsite
- Ore deposit modeling/mapping
Standard Elemental Suite:
Ba, Sb, Sn, Cd, Pd, Ag, Mo, Nb, Zr, Sr, Rb, Bi, Se, As, Pb, W, Zn, Cu, Re, Ta, Hf, Ni, Co, Fe, Mn, Cr, V, Ti, Ca, K, S, Cl, P, Si, Al, Mg, Au, Bal
Helium Purge available for enhanced analysis of Mg, Al, Si, P and S.
Niton XL3t Brochure.pdf
Niton Mining Brochure.pdf