Thermo Scientific – Niton XRF
Thermo Scientific Niton XRF Spectrometers
Spectrometer Technologies supply XRF analyzers engineered for portable elemental analysis in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Handheld and mobile Thermo Scientific Niton XRF analyzers are engineered for portable elemental analysis and ease of use. Fit. Form. Function. Our rock-solid instrument platforms are engineered for the most demanding customer applications, including:
- Rare earth metals mining & mineral exploration
- Scrap metal sorting & recycling
- Metal alloy analysis
- Positive material identification (PMI)
- Precious metals & jewellery analysis
- RoHS compliance testing
- Lead testing in toys
- QA/QC in the manufacturing environment
- Analysis of soils & sediments
- Environmental monitoring
- Elemental drywall testing & screening
- Geochemical mapping
- Lead paint testing
Thermo Scientific Material Identification
We offer complementary technologies for rapid, cost-effective material verification and chemical identification using Raman, NIR, and FTIR spectroscopy. Applications From raw materials inspection to chemical identification, you can rely on our handheld instruments for accuracy and speed – every time.
Thermo Scientific Pharmaceutical Identification
With increasing regulatory pressures and the drive toward lean manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturers need efficient ways to perform accurate incoming raw material identification.
Thermo Scientific Feeds Foods
Optimize your feed mix, reduce claim filings, increase productivity and strike the all-important balance between nutrition and cost.
Thermo Scientific Niton Analyzers, founded more than 20 years ago, is the world’s leading producer of Niton hand-held x-ray fluorescence analyzers (XRF), with over 30,000 units installed worldwide.
Due to a culture of innovation and a history of distinguished breakthrough achievements, Thermo Fisher Scientific’s XRF machines have become the world-leader in it’s class. Since the introduction of the first Niton hand-held XRF analyzer in 1994, the company has shown the world many “firsts” in the field, including but not limited to:
1) First use of miniaturized x-ray tubes in a one-piece hand-held XRF analyzer
2) First and only isotope-based hand-held XRF analyzer that never requires source replacement
3) First hand-held XRF analyzer equipped with He purge for direct analysis of Mg, Al, Si, P and S in metal alloys
4) First hand-held small-spot XRF analyzer
5) First and only hand-held XRF analyzer to feature a 50kV x-ray tube.
6) First SDD analyser capable of detecting light elements in air without the need for helium purge or vacuum.