The Scout field x-ray lab delivers XRF-based elemental analysis with lab-quality testing performance. Housed in a compact, portable package you can operate virtually anywhere on-site, this elemental analysis lab offers unmatched performance, features, and mobility.
- True lab-quality performance with superior detection limits
- Nondestructive with accurate, consistent elemental analysis in minutes – or less
- Easy to use, with little operator training required
- Lightweight and ruggedized for field and manufacturing operations
- Closed-beam design requires minimal licensing in most countries
Bring the Lab to the Sample
Now your commercial elemental analysis lab comes to you – a valuable resource you can carry on the back of a truck or move easily throughout your inspection department, warehouse, or store. Fit. Form. Function. The Scout is engineered for your most challenging XRF-based applications.
Exploration & mining – from base metals and Au mining to mineral sands and PGE
- Industrial minerals – limestone, clay, steel slag, cement, and more
- Oil & gas exploration – exceptional performance for mud logging, plus gas and oil shale analysis
- Precious metal alloys – ideal tool for refiners and distributors
- Environmental – test for RCRA metals at less than 10 ppm in soils
Engineered for the Way You Work
The Scout offers our highest performance and lowest levels of detection for up to 40 critical elements.
- Constructed from durable Lexan® plastic – dust- and water-resistant to operate flawlessly in harsh environments
- Compact and weighs less than 30 pounds (14 kg) – easy to transport and operate from the back of a truck, or at the loading dock or manufacturing line
- Advanced batteries support extended continuous operation on a single charge
- Free of air filters that can clog if not maintained
Features that Simplify Testing
The Scout field x-ray lab makes elemental analysis easy for everyone. Open the lid and place your sample into the test chamber. Then simply press a button on the bright, color, touch-screen to get accurate results within a few minutes or less.
- All technology automatically determines the correct analytical testing mode for confident testing
- Scout’s geometrically optimized drift detector technology delivers exceptionally sensitive results with remarkable speed
- Integrated CCD camera with small-spot feature – test areas as small as 1 mm and conveniently store sample measurements for later reference
- X-Y positioning – lets you position the XRF head quickly to the precise spot you want to test
- Sample spinner – rotates the sample within the chamber during testing, ensuring an overall accurate reading that best characterizes the entire sample
- Closed-beam design – requires minimal licensing in most countries
Standard Elemental Suite:
Ag, Al, As, Au, Ba, Bi, Ca, Cd, Cl, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, Ga, Hg, Hf, K, Mg, Mn, Mo, Nb, Ni, P, Pb, Pd, Rb, Re, S, Sb, Se, Si, Sn, Sr, Ta, Th, Ti, U, V, W, Y, Zn, Zr
Scout Mining Brochure.pdf