PHOTOCHEM® – Analysis of the antioxidative capacity of both water-soluble and lipid-soluble antioxidants with the PCL method
With PHOTOCHEM®, Analytik Jena AG offers the first system solution for the quantitation of antioxidants in water-soluble and lipid-soluble systems. Due to the use of the method of photochemiluminescence, the fast photochemical excitation of radical formation is combined with sensitive luminometric detection.
How does photochemiluminescence work?
- Combines the very fast photochemical radical generation with the highly sensitive luminometric detection
- Works fast, precise, efficient and environmentally beneficial
- No dependence of measurements on a specific pH value or temperature
- Delivers results of practical quantitative relevance for the characterization of the antioxidative status of organisms
- First instrument for the measurement of water-soluble and lipid-soluble antioxidants in a single system
- Extremely short measuring times – about 3 minutes
- Very high sensitivity
- System solution for the measurement of antioxidants; instrument and standardized ready-to-use kits for different applications
- Simple handling – sampling, measurement and rinse cycles are automatic