The contrAA 800 G combines the high precision of the transverse heated graphite furnace with all advantages of the High-Resolution Continuum Source Atomic Absorption Spectrometry (HR-CS AAS).
The transverse heated graphite furnace ensures:
- Optimum conditions for reducing matrix effects
- Precise determination also of refractory elements
- Uniform temperature distribution
- Lower atomization temperatures
- Decreased gas phase interferences
- Linear, rapid heating rates
- Minimized memory effects
A graphite furnace autosampler integrated into the overall concept of the basic instrument enables automated sample preparation and –analysis. Furthermore contrAA 800 G can also be operated with an optional sampler for solid AA® (direct analysis of solids).
By coupling graphite furnace and hydride technique (HydrEA) contrAA 800 G can be applied for the determination of hydride forming elements, such as antimony, arsenic, bismuth, selenium, or tin. For more information about the High-Resolution Continuum Source AAS technique please visit the contrAA® series page.
contrAA® 800 G – Your Benefits:
- Just one light source for all elements – each element and each line can be measured at any time
- Unique simultaneous background correction
- Sequential and simultaneous multi-element analysis
- Rapid readiness for measurement
- Automatically optimized drying process for highly efficient analysis
- Easy to operate and robust
With its graphite furnace technique the contrAA® 800 G not only provides very low detection limits for many elements but also a higher sample throughput compared to conventional line source AAS instruments, due to the ability for simultaneous multi-element analysis.
In addition to the traditional use for the determination of various metals, the contrAA® 800 G can also be applied for the analysis of non-metals, such as phosphorus, sulfur or halogens. In connection with the HydrEA technique, a coupling between hydride and graphite furnace technique it enables the determination of hydride forming elements, e.g. antimony, arsenic, bismuth, selenium, or tin.
The HR-CS AAS can be applied in nearly all fields of instrumental analysis. Thanks to its numerous analytical advantages, for both routine as well as research, it always provides the ideal solution.